Who We Are
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at The Chihuahua Shack (“we,” “us,” or “our”). Our website address is: https://thechihuahuashack.com.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us.
In this privacy notice, if we refer to:
- “Website,” we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy
- “Services,” we are referring to our Website, and other related services, including any sales, marketing, or events
The content on this website is for informational purposes only. It is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace professional advice from vets. If you are concerned about your pet’s health, please consult with a licensed vet.
While every effort is made to ensure this information is current and correct, there is no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of any information found on this site or its links.
We are not responsible for any damages or losses related to the use of this content or this website, so use it at your own risk.
We are not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the site being unavailable or for any mistakes. If you see an error, please feel free to contact us.
Personal Information You Disclose To Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the Website (such as by posting comments) or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Names, email addresses, and other similar information
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the data/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device information (such as system activity, error reports, and hardware settings.
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), location, browser type, hardware model, or operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can either be precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. You can opt out of our allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with your, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you the product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and protection).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site participates in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the site. If you click on an affiliate link on this site, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales. When you make a purchase using that link, we will receive compensation at no extra cost to you.
The Chihuahua Shack is also an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.
Who We Share Your Data With
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share information with the following categories of third parties. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us. If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
- Vendors, consultants and other third-party service members such as for payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Website Hosting Service Providers
- Data Analytics Services
- Affiliate Marketing Programs
How Long We Retain Your Data
We keep your information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, assess, steal, or modify your information. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
Written content published on this blog belongs to the website owners unless otherwise noted. Occasionally, photos from free-use sources like Unsplash are used. Stock photos are also purchased from websites like DepositPhotos. All other photos are original and copyrighted.
Written consent from the website owner must be obtained before any material or original photo is republished, reprinted, or used. When our permission is given, all material must include a link back to this site, www.thechihuahuashack.com.
You can obtain permission by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: January 25, 2022